While recognising the potential benefits of excursions, Glenroy recognises that such activities may interrupt normal learning routines of students. Accordingly, consideration is given the educational value of proposed excursion in relation to the total needs and resources of the school and in relation to the students’ needs and total learning program.
· All excursions must have the approval of the Principal.
· All teachers participating in an excursion must accept responsibility for students in their care for the duration of the excursion.
· Prior to any excursion taking place there must be consultation between the Principal and staff concerned with its organization. Parents including guardians will be informed of the full details of any planned excursion
in writing, including details of all planned activities for the excursion. Signed consent forms granting permission for students to participate in an excursion must be obtained from the parents.
· If it is not possible to obtain a signed consent form from parents, oral approval can be sought. A record of any oral approval given by parents needs to be recorded and kept in the student’s file.
· At Glenroy expensive excursions are generally avoided. Where financial hardship is understood to be the reason for a student’s non-participation, the school will endeavour to provide financial assistance.
· If parents do not permit participation of a student in an excursion the school is committed to make available a sound alternative educational experience.